Accounting for around 15% of our total weight, skin is the largest organ in the human body.
It acts as an effective barrier to protect the body from external aggressions (wind, cold, etc.). And just like our face, the skin on our body needs care and nurturing too.
Why is it important to take care of your body?
The skin’s structure varies depending on the area of the body, and the skin on the face, armpits, hands and feet has different characteristics and specific needs.
Any change in the skin’s balance can impact its health, and this is why it is important to protect it every day.
Depending on the area of the body, as well as on the seasons and external aggressions (wind, cold, etc.), you might occasionally find that your skin feels very dry, rough in places or perhaps less firm.
What good habits should you adopt?
For soft and supple skin, follow a few simple recommendations every day:
- In general, choose gentle shower gels and cleansers to prevent dryness, sensations of discomfort and tugging on your skin.
- Make sure your shower isn’t too hot as this contributes towards the deterioration of the skin’s surface hydrolipidic film which protects it from sensations of tugging and dryness.
- As well as daily cleansing, use a scrub to exfoliate your skin once or twice a week. And because exfoliation and moisturizing are inseparable, don’t forget to moisture your skin regularly, and always after using a scrub, to maintain its hydrolipidic film.
- The right texture for each season: oil, gel or cream, vary textures according to your skin’s needs. Choose richer textures in cold weather to protect your skin from external influences (cold, wind, etc.) and switch to lighter, more easily absorbed textures in summer.
- Remember to wrap up warmly in winter too, to protect your skin from redness, sensations of tugging or itchiness caused by the cold and changes in temperature.
Follow this advice every day and take some time just for you. Your skin will thank you!